Blue Cross Blue Shield is hiring work from home Member Service Representatives
bymlynn onNovember 2, 2008 - 10 Comments
This is a GREAT work from home opportunity! Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts is hiring: Member Service Representative – Work From Home!
Today’s healthcare industry — dynamic and changing at a fast pace. Recruiting talented people can mean the difference between success or failure. At Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts, our record of achievement represents a history of hiring the best people we can find, and then challenging them to excel. It’s the kind of environment that enables us to give our best to the consumers we serve, and at the same time, work to the potential of those who work for us.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
e-Working is defined as the capability to work seamlessly from home electronically, full-time (5 days) when it meets both the needs of the business and of the associate. The functions set out herein can be accomplished in an e-Working arrangement. However, the decision as to whether an e-Working arrangement is appropriate for a particular job or for a particular associate is based on the unique facts of each situation and, ultimately, is within the discretion of the leader.
As the primary contact for our customers, the Member Service Representative is one of the most important positions at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. Our ability to provide outstanding service to our members continues to be a top goal for every associate at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
This e-working arrangement includes a comprehensive learning curriculum allowing associates, after successful completion, the ability to field member inquiries in an appropriate workspace within your home. This training is held Monday through Friday and will be facilitated through multi-media e-learning vehicles.
- Available shifts are Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, 9:30am to 5:30pm and 10am to 6pm.
- Provide a high level of service to both external and internal customers
- Creative problem solving within a team environment
- Desire to create a caring atmosphere for customers
- Flexibility and willingness to change as business needs change within the division
- Take ownership of work
- See opportunity in the unexpected
- Consistently provide members with exceptional customer service
- Assisting internal and external customers via incoming telephone calls
- Actively listening to customers and responding appropriately
- Utilizing the BCBSMA computer system to look up and record information regarding a customer’s account
- Investigating and resolving member inquiries through correspondence and computer research
- Advise customers regarding policy and benefit information for multiple health plans
- Coordinate internal activities necessary to research and resolve inquiries and provide accounts with service solutions
- Contribute to a team effort to meet or exceed service, production and quality goals
- Identify errors and implement solutions with team members and leaders
- Meeting and exceeding daily, weekly and monthly performance goals
- College degree or comparable experience necessary
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in other languages preferred
- 2 plus years of successful work experience in a customer focused environment, direct customer contact preferred
- Prior experience assisting members and/or providers with telephone inquiries
- Basic knowledge of personal computer operations, software packages and experience in Windows
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
Job Category: Customer Support/Client Care