EMBARQ Hiring Work At Home Tech Support Asst.
bymlynn onSeptember 24, 2009 - 8 Comments
TECH SUPPORT ASST-WAH-0006083
This position can be filled in the following states based on all requirements listed below: FL, IN, KS, MN, MO, NC, NE, NJ, NV, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WY
This is an “At Home” position. As a Work at Home employee, you are responsible for obtaining your own computer system and home office, consistent with the requirements described below. Due to systems requirements, EMBARQ Work at Home employees must reside within EMBARQ phone service territory.
CenturyLink is a leading provider of high-quality voice, broadband and video services over its advanced communications networks to consumers and businesses in 33 states. CenturyLink, headquartered in Monroe, La., is an S&P 500 Company and expects to be listed in the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information on CenturyLink, visit https://embarq.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=0006083&src=JB-10142
CenturyLink will continue to operate under the names CenturyTel and EMBARQ in those respective legacy markets until the completion of our branding initiative later in 2009.
Representatives serve as the primary contact for local residential customers experiencing problems with various EMBARQ communications services such as voicemail or high speed internet. Contact with customers will require analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving complex technical and support issues. In addition, representatives are expected to educate customers about EMBARQ products and services such as local residential services, bundled packages, high speed internet and long distance services.
*Please note, the starting salary for this position is $18,792.00($9.00/hour). After successful completion of 4 week training and testing, salary will increase to $20,880.00 ($10.00/hour). Non-negotiable
* Exceptional customer focus with an emphasis on enhancing the customer experience
* Ability to work self sufficiently and effectively in a home-based work environment
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls in a structured environment
* Proficient PC Windows based computer skills
* 1+ year post high school combination of education and work experience
* 1+ year of customer contact experience
* Must be able to attend mandatory 4 week virtual instructor led training class. Class hours are Monday-Friday 9 am-6 pm EST.
* Must be available to work a flexible full time schedule within the hours of operation: Monday – Sunday (7 days) 6 am – 12 am EST
* Prior experience in a customer focused environment
* Experience in an inbound or outbound call center
As a Work at Home employee, you are responsible for obtaining your own computer system and home office, consistent with the requirements described below:
1. At Home Representatives are responsible for having access to the following minimum technical requirements for work in this position:
* PC with a minimum of Windows XP, 1.5 Ghz Processor, GB RAM ( Must be physically connected to router or modem using Ethernet cable)
* Latest virus and spyware software (no trial software allowed and must be up to date)
* USB Webcam
* PC headset and microphone
* DVD player
* Must have EMBARQ Telephone Service (your phone line will be in use during the hours scheduled to work)
* Must have EMBARQ High Speed Internet service, minimum speed (1.5 Mbps)
* Must purchase Telephone, Headset & Amplifier (Approx value $100 – more information provided during training)
2. Must meet the following Embarq physical/logistical requirements for “at home” work in this position:
* You are responsible for establishing a dedicated work place in your home, or work location (free of background noise and distractions)
* Live in EMBARQ territory
This position requires an online assessment as part of the application process. The online assessment will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Be an integral part of the action and grow with us as we lead the communications industry into the future. So take command of your career: submit your interest today!
We believe in investing in our employees. Strong benefits and salary packages, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of performance incentives are only the beginning.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We value diversity and maintain a drug-free workplace.
-Customer Care & Repair
-NEW JERSEY, KANSAS, NEBRASKA, MISSOURI, TEXAS, INDIANA, MINNESOTA, TENNESSEE, OHIO, NEVADA, WYOMING, VIRGINIA, PENNSYLVANIA, NORTH CAROLINA, SOUTH CAROLINA
Targeted Annual Sales Commission