American Express currently is hiring home based customer service specialists across the United States. This is a part time position. Average pay is $16.13 per hour or more based upon prior work experience and performance on the job. Top performers earn over $28 per hour (rate includes base salary plus incentive dollars). Paid training will be provided in the comfort of your home (100% attendance required).
Locations currently hiring in:
Alabama , Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- Deliver extraordinary customer care by responding to customer questions and concerns in a polite, courteous and professional manner at all times
- Grow and nurture customer relationships that create measurable value by delivering tailored solutions that are based on the customer’s needs
- Work independently in a home based environment while providing the highest level of customer service to American Express customers
- Document necessary account information and offer custom solutions that benefit the customer
- Deliver extraordinary results measured by customer satisfaction, effectiveness, efficiency and quality
- 4 years of customer service experience or 4 year college degree with a passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, relationship building, and strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced metric driven environment with proficient multitasking and navigation in a windows environment
- Demonstrated consultative experience, ability to influence, resourcefulness
- Experience owning or working in a small business a plus
- This position operates in a 24/7 environment and we are specifically hiring Part-Time shifts (20-30 hours per week, after training). Shift start times are between 2pm EST and 6pm EST with weekend shifts required. Benefits eligibility after 90 days of employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Education benefits available
- Experience working from a home office as part of a virtual team is preferred
Additional System Requirements:
- Dedicated High Speed Internet line with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed). High Speed dedicated lines (personal use is prohibited during business hours)
- Business class service preferred where available
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone (no VOIP – voice over internet protocol) for training and production calls. (e.g. Magic Jack, Vonage, etc.). Modem preferred (vs. a wall jack) where available. (personal use is prohibited during business hours)
- Schedules will be fixed and (20-30) hours weekly
- Weekly work schedule may include day/evening/overnight shifts
- Weekend shifts are required
- Time off will be available/approved based on current call volume demands
How to apply?
If you are interested in this work at home job opportunity, please visit the job listing here for more information and apply. Good luck!