The Local Online Editor is responsible for creating, curating and maintaining content that relates specifically to homeowners and consumers in and around Chicago. This can include everything from highlighting engaging examples of local home improvement projects found in the Angie’s List review database to writing features on regional consumer trends to profiling owners of neighborhood businesses. In short, the Local Online Editor works as on-the-ground correspondent to capture the voice of Angie’s List members, service providers and savvy consumers in and around Chicago.
What You Will Do:
- Create, curate, maintain and regularly update content for the Chicago “home” page on AngiesList.com
- Research, write and pitch articles and other content ideas that relate specifically to homeowners, business owners and consumers in and around Greater Chicago.
- Develop new articles and other content with a focus on local trends, events or activities
- Copyedit based on AP Style and Angie’s List Style guidelines
- Check facts and sources used
- Optimize and localize articles by writing engaging headlines and meta descriptions, adding appropriate links and adding correct tags
- Promote and market Angie’s List content to local audiences using social media
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Office Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience in journalism, writing/editing, content marketing or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, public relations, communications, or a related field
- Proven experience and current knowledge of search engine optimization and marketing (SEO/SEM) techniques and strategies
- Experience and proficiency in marketing and promoting brands and their content on social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge of AP Style, proper grammar and spelling
- Ability to write creative, engaging headlines
- Experience with Drupal and/or other digital content management systems
- Basic knowledge of HTML a plus
- Ability to be highly organized with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to provide regular updates and communicate any issues encountered in a timely manner
- A reliable high speed Internet connection and computer
How To Apply
If you are interested in this work from home job opportunity, please visit the job listing page here for more information and apply. Good luck!