McKESSON currently is hiring a medical coder with experience in the area of Evaluation & Management and Radiation Oncology to work remotely from home four days a way. Candidate MUST travel to client site in Nashua, NH once a week.
As a certified coder with McKesson, you will abstract clinical information from a variety of medical records and assign appropriate ICD 9 CM and CPT codes and modifiers to patient records according to established procedures. Additionally you will provide feedback from daily workflow and chart review to help our client improve documentation. Experience with ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding is required.
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Minimum 1 year Evaluation & Management and/or Radiation Oncology medical coding experience
- Must pass Internal Certification Test
- Must maintain quality standards of 95% accuracy rate or better
- Interaction with physician client via email and telephone
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Capable of meeting daily deadlines
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working independently
- Must have strong research and problem solving skills
High School Diploma or equivalent work experience; CCP or AAPC preferred.
Current national coding certification preferred.
How to apply
If you are interested in this work at home job opportunity, please visit the job listing here for more information and apply. Work at home medical coding job isn’t easy to come by. Good luck!