Tutoring with Tutor.com is an opportunity to earn extra income. Tutors are paid every month, and pay is based on the subjects tutored and the number of hours tutored. Tutoring schedule is flexible.
Qualifications to become a tutor:
- Currently reside in either the US or Canada and have a valid Social Security or Social Insurance number
- Be eligible to work in either the US or Canada
- Available to tutor a minimum average of 5 hours per week
- Possess strong content knowledge in English, math, science, or social studies at the level you wish to tutor—our service covers elementary grade through first year college
- Demonstrate the ability to explain concepts to young people of a variety of ages within our online environment
- For most subjects, an applicant must be a College Sophomore or Higher or have graduated from an accredited US or Canadian University by the Fall of 2013 in order to proceed with the application process.
- A college degree is required to tutor the following subjects: Accounting, Economics, Finance, College Essay Writing and College Statistics. Equivalencies or evaluations of degrees earned outside of the U.S. or Canada are not accepted.
- Pass more than one subject exam in the Tutor.com application process
- Windows XP (w/Service Pack 3), Vista (w/Service Pack 2), Windows 7 (w/Service Pack 1), or Windows 8 (w/Service Pack 1).
- 2.0 GB of system memory (RAM)
- Single Core Processor at 2.4 GHz or Dual Core Processor at 1.8 GHz (manufactured on or after 2004)
- High-speed internet access
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher
- A working headset with microphone is required for voice communication
- In addition, the classroom software requires a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768. Please note, if you are using a netbook or mini-laptop those systems can only support 1024 X 600 and are therefore unable to run our classroom software.
- Tutor.com does not support Mac computers for tutors at this time. However, if you are able to run Windows applications (for example, through a multi-boot utility like Boot Camp) and have Microsoft Word, you may continue with the application.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this work at home online tutoring job at tutor.com, please visit the job listing page here for more information and apply. Good luck!