Customer service is one of the most popular work at home jobs. Like the “regular” on-site customer service job, work at home customer service representatives/operators assist customers over the phone, via fax, email and live chat. Majority of the customer service work are done through telephone, so a land-line telephone line often is required to perform the work. Other common requirements for work at home customer service include: high speed Internet, computer hardware (such as certain CPU speed and RAM) and software (such as anti-virus software), quite working environment and pass a background check. Besides regular interview process some companies have testing procedure and prefer applicants have previous customer service experience.
The type of customer service jobs includes general customer service, inbound calling, outbound callings, call centers operators, taking orders, airline reservations, telemarketing and help desk. Generally you can make anywhere from $6.00 to $15.00 hourly doing home based customer service jobs. Many companies do provide paid training.
One of the obstacles many people encounter is the requirement of quite working environment. For moms have young children or pets (such as dogs), often times its hard to avoid the background noise. To overcome this, you can try a good noise canceling headset. Another tip you can try is if you have touch tone phone, press *2*, this eliminates all background noise except your own voice.
Also, many work at home moms work the phone jobs while the kids are sleeping, such as early in the morning or late at night, or on weekends while there is someone (such as spouse) that can help with the kids. Some companies have flexible schedules you can choose from such as West and LiveOp.
Below is a list of legitimate companies that hire home based customer service representatives. They don’t charge you a fee to apply for the job, some make you pay background check ONLY after they decide to hire you.
(customer service, regular and seasonal)
- Accolade Support
- ACD Direct
- Alpine Access
- Arise.com – (formerly Willow CSN, must incorporate, cost may be prohibitive)
- ARO, Inc.
- AuraLog – (some location restrictions)
- Blue Zebra – (appointment setting, administrative assistant)
- Brighten Communications – (telemarketing)
- Channel Blend – (call center agents)
- Cloud 10 .
- Customer Loyalty Concepts
- Fil-Can Communications
- J.Lodge – (call center)
- MicahTek, Inc.
- Niteo Services
- O’Currance (inbound calls, sales)
- SCI Live
- Service800.com – (call center)
- TeLCare – (telephone satisfaction surveys)
- TeleReach – (appointment setting)
- TelExpertise, Inc. – (call center)
- Ver-A-Fast Corporation (newspaper subscriber customer service)
- VIP Desk
- VoiceLog, LLC – (verification agents)
- West At Home Agents
- Working Solutions
- XAct TeleSolutions