Before you start looking for work at home jobs or home based business opportunities, you should know what are the work from home options, meaning:
1. Work at home job market – what kind of jobs that you can do from home and which companies offer home based employment opportunities;
2. Home based business opportunities – there are many business opportunities that can be operated from home, but you need to know which ones is a good fit for you.
Work at home jobs and home based businesses are totally two different concepts – one is a JOB meaning you working for someone else and work from your own home, another is a home based BUSINESS meaning it’s a business and you work on your business from home.
However, sometimes there is a ‘grey” area between the two – many work at home jobs are actually independent contractor jobs – you will get 1099 form and file your tax return as a sole proprietor. Also sometimes when you are very good at your jobs (you have extensive knowledge and skills), you can start your own business, look for your own clients and no longer work for others.
Here are some popular work from home options.
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Virtual Assistant (secretarial service)
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Transcription (including General, Legal and medical)
- Medical Coding Billing
- Online Tutors
- Daycare Operators
- Event and Party Planners
- Web Site Design
- Real Estate Agents
- Home Organizer and Housekeepers
- Direct Sale or Sale
- Affiliate Programs
- Mystery Shopping
- Paid Surveys