Before you start looking for working from home, you should first know what are the work at home options, which includes:
1. Work at home jobs – what kind of jobs that you can do from home and which companies offer home based employment opportunities;
2. Home based business – there are many business opportunities that can be operated from home, but you need to know which ones is a good fit for you.
3. Extra Money – those are make money opportunities, but won’t earn you a full time or part time income.
Work at home jobs and home based businesses are totally two different concepts – one is a JOB meaning you working for someone else and work from your own home, another is a home based BUSINESS meaning it’s a business and you work on your business from home.
However, sometimes there is a ‘grey” area between the two – many work at home jobs are actually independent contractor jobs – you will get 1099 form and file your tax return as a sole proprietor. Also sometimes when you are very good at your jobs (you have extensive knowledge and skills), you can start your own business, look for your own clients and no longer work for others.
Here are some popular work from home options.
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Virtual Assistant (secretarial service)
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Transcription (including General, Legal and medical)
- Medical Coding & Billing
- Freelance Writing
- Online Tutors
- Daycare Operators
- Event and Party Planners
- IT Design & Programming
- Real Estate Agents
- Home Organizer and Housekeepers
- Direct Sale or Sale
- Affiliate Marketing
- Mystery Shopping
- Paid Surveys